Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Story time

Pictures from our first Quebec trip.(I could use help with some of these pictures. I don't remember much from that time.)













It was not long after my father passed that I had thoughts that I may never be able to get in contact with my fathers side of the family again. After he came to Nova Scotia, he met my mother. It was not long after or during that period that he started to learn and speak English. Because of this, I grew up speaking English. I do remember going to Quebec a couple times when we were younger. At that time I did not remember anyone who spoke english. Above is a picture of my brother Stephen,Cousin Carl I think? (Hope someone can help me here) and myself Ross.
Sometime after my father's passing, my mother would receive letters from Quebec. Stephen would take the letters and have someone translate them. The letters would come from Lilly who is pictured above. Thank you Lilly. If it was not for her I don't think we would of made contact with all the others. The letters seem to take forever in the snail mail. I told Stephen to send an email address to try and speed thing up. It was not long after we meet Marie-France. Stephen and I talked through emails and soon later on MSN with her. She was very good in E
nglish and played a big role too in helping us get closer to knowing our family better. Thank you Marie-France.


We began our search in 1993 and thirteen years later, Stephen and I decided to make the trip to Quebec with the help of Marie-France. Above is a picture of part of our journey through New Brunswick.













This was one of the first trips that my brother and I ever made together on our own. I guess that made the trip extra special. Stephen is pictured here with me, our Uncle Fernand and our Uncle Albert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, I recognized your grandfather Edmour, who is my uncle. I am Alain Sergerie I live in La baie. I recognized the house Edmour, we are coming into the world in the house of your grandfather. and I recognized your father Eugene came home, visit us. Sorry i do not speak English

to contact me : Mariieex483@hotmail.com